Volunteering – General Interest
Many of our volunteers have never given stone, or historic buildings a moments thought before getting involved with the project. There are a multitude of ways to get involved in the project, including helping at events, cataloguing and proof reading.
Below are a list or typical tasks volunteers might choose to undertake. There is no minimum time commitment – you can do as much or as little as you choose, and may do any combination of tasks that interest you.
Possible Volunteering Tasks:
- Helping man stands at fairs, roadshows and other events
- Photographing stone buildings
- Walking round a town or area to record which buildings are stone
- Proof reading database records to check for factual or spelling errors
- Adding data to our online database (via this website)
- Reading through a book or journal such as Pevsner’s architectural guide to find information about stone buildings